Phase 3 this round has not been nice to me. I have had such a difficult time keeping within the 2 lb rule. When I do a steak day, they work like a charm. 2 - 3 lbs drop over night and I feel great. Next day I'm either up a little or stay the same. 3 days after steak day, BOOM, I'm up 2 or more pounds. It happens every time. I don't get it. I have not eaten any sugars or starches.
Yesterday was day 2 after steak day and I was the same as I was the day after. I weighed myself when I got home from work (no scolding please. I know you shouldn't weigh yourself throughout the day.) and I was only 0.2 over what I was in the morning. Thought I might've finally figured this out right before moving into P4. I fixed and ate dinner, went on about my evening as usual, and yes, I weighed myself before I went bed and I thought I was going to cry. I had gained 4 pounds in 5 hours. Well, I know my body pretty well and know that I'm usually 2 - 3 pounds less in the morning from the previous night's weight. Sure enough, when I weighed myself in the morning I was 1.6 lbs more than the previous morning.
I am now 3.8 pounds over LDW. I would be happy if I would just stabilize somewhere. I'm tired of steak days. If history repeats itself, I'll be slightly up tomorrow and the next day and so on until I do another steak day. It is a vicious cycle I'd like to get out of. I even tried digestive enzymes and thought it was working until today's gain. I just hope my inability to stabilize doesn't affect Round 3.
Theories:
1. My weight after my last dose is a few pounds below a weight I carried for a few years about 5 or 6 years ago. Maybe I didn't get far enough away from it that my body keeps trying to creep back up to that spot???
2. TOM came to town at the end and my weight gets whacky around that time. Prior to hCG my weight would drop 2 - 3 pounds, then suddenly up 4, then down again. Maybe I'm trying to stabilize and a false weight reading???
I just can't figure it out. I have had so many wonderful people offer suggestions and support. Some I have followed through with; some are still under advisement. All of it is appreciated. I try not to let it get me down and I was successful for a bit. Today, it's just getting to me...
I still am thankful for what I have accomplished and for what I have. Sometimes it just feels good to whine. :)
I totally hear what you're saying. It's tough and I don't really have any suggestions other than yet another steak day. Just want to let you know that I'm a fan of your blog and want to say hang in there.
ReplyDeleteThanks Kathryn! I'm hanging in there. I've been through worse things. Thanks for being a fan! It means a lot to me.
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you on round 2! Let me know how the injections go. I'm going to do sublingual again for round3, but will be mixing my own this time. I was considering doing injections for round 4, which will hopefully be the last one.
Have a fabulous day!
I have a love/hate relationship with P3. I love the food, hate the yoyo weight loss/gain. I've only had to do 1 steak day and I'm near the end of my 3 weeks, but I was hoping to maintain at a steady weight, but it's been up and down, then up and up, then down, then up, then down down, etc. All within the 2lb cushion (well, except for the .2 over that lead to the steak day) but it's still frustrating! I have started exercising again, so I'm hoping this will make the next 3 weeks when I'm on vacation even out. Still, can't wait for round 2 to begin on Aug 17!!!
ReplyDelete