Thursday, July 8, 2010

A new outlook!

I have decided to no longer allow the scale determine my mood for the day. Am I still over my LDW? Yes. Am I really close to a steak day based on P&I? Yes. That is okay with me. It seems my body wants to stay around 214 for now. I'm tired of being depressed about it. I would much rather be a happy person.

Yesterday I did a Jillian Michaels workout DVD. It has been since the last P3 since I exercised to it. The workout was challenging this first time out in months, but it seemed easier than it was 56 pounds ago when I first worked out to it. I felt GREAT afterward. My mood lifted and all was well with the world. It even carried over to this morning even after getting on the scale and seeing a 0.8 lb gain. Hubby thought I had lost weight because I was in such a great mood. I'm good at knowing that I have not gone outside of P3 foods and it will be what it will be.

I need to focus on other health issues that are rearing their heads right now and get more fiber in my system. I certainly don't need to be on bed rest, drugged with pain medications, and super duper antibiotics right now. That is my focus along with my mental state.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm nearing the end of my first week on P3, and it is a challenge! Not as scary as I once feared, but getting enough calories, or eating too much... crazy! I'm glad to see the milk, cheese and nuts back in my diet though. Now if I can keep stable another two weeks and be able to eat a potato without fear! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stabilizing seemed to be a breeze for me the first time around. Not so much this time. I'm at my wits end trying to figure it out. I'm thinking of starting the next round next week but that would mean only 3 weeks on P3. I don't want to screw up another round. I keep trying to be positive, but the scale gets me down every time. I sure hope you have better luck.

    PS I love potatoes too and will never get there at this rate. :(

    ReplyDelete